This week’s Remote Learning Drop is an example of the text-talk approach of vocabulary instruction from Bringing Words to Life. My Loom video lesson includes a quick read aloud, brief language study lesson, and a Word Wizards Padlet where students can write their examples. Feel free to use this as a stand-alone lesson or riff off of it to make your own. Vocabulary instruction is my new mission. 🙂
Here is this week’s roundup of literacy links for some quick inspiration, tips, and refreshment:
- Ways to Present Passion Projects that a teacher shared in the TCRWP Units of Study Facebook groups
- “Characteristics of Playful Experiences” from The LEGO Foundation – these are great guiding principles!
- “How to Plan a Service Learning Project” – What if we ALL did this at the end of the year to give back to our communities? IMAGINE the agency and impact?
- I could read my son’s godfather’s writing ALL day.
- Mental health break: “Good Job”