Two weeks ago, I shared my first iteration of a virtual library. Since then, I’ve seen lots of other versions pop up online so I expanded my repertoire and created my first Bitmoji virtual library. I couldn’t love it more! The collection’s focus is Caring for the Earth. All you or your students and families need to do is click on the image above, and then click on a book cover you want to read. You will be led to a read aloud or read along of the book! So fun, right? I learned all sorts of tricks to make this virtual library: how to make my first Bitmoji (I know, 4 years too late!), how to find images without background (Tip: Include “transparent” in the search box!), and how to remove backgrounds (Tip: Go to remove.bg!). This teacher’s tutorial was SO helpful. Maybe I’ll run a fun PD for teachers where we create a BUNCH of virtual libraries covering all sorts of topics. We could promote them for summer reading! Now my juices are flowing!!!
Here is this week’s roundup of literacy links for some quick inspiration, tips, and refreshment:
- Original Bitmoji virtual library inspiration from Mr. David Gostelow
- “Simple Ways to Bring Learning Outside” from and Edutopia and Nature Notebooking with Paula Borque – perfect timing for my fellow New England educators since our weather is just starting to get warmer here!
- Franki Sibberson’s Writing Choice Board – lots of writing ideas that would be great for an end-of-year unit!
- Tammi Mulligan’s interactive Revising Choice Board
- Tammi Mulligan’s interactive Editing Choice Board
- Quick write ideas from Linda Reif
- Booksource has a Giveaway for Teacher Appreciation Week – enter HERE
- Mental health break – Thank Your Teacher from Jarrett Lerner