I just posted a new poetry collection on my door! This week’s theme is IDENTITY. I’d originally thought the next theme would be feelings, but I realized kids should share their selves before their feelings. 🙂 I’m hoping to change my poems every week this year. The single week of remote learning threw off my plan.
Here is this week’s roundup of literacy links of the 2020-2021 school year if you’re looking for some quick inspiration, tips, and refreshment:
- Not sure where to start with poetry? Elizabeth Metzger Sampson has some great tips.
- I would TOTALLY have my students make sit upons to use for lessons outside. Thanks, @bethkalexander!
- A new-to-me poetry collection for kids from Family Friend Poems
- “The Four A’s Text Protocol” from SRI is a great framework to guide book discussions!
- Nonfiction writing video minilessons from author, Melissa Sweet. Make her your coteacher!
- Outdoor classrooms are my jam, and this article from Edutopia has some great ideas!
- Poetry in the Classroom Calendar from Academy of American Poets
- Marking my calendar with all of THESE!
- Mental health break – Behind the Book!