I have a lot of antiracist work to do. I’ve donated money, I’m starting a summer book club on the book, How to Be Antiracist, for any interested staff, and I plan on attending both of the Kidlit sessions above (the link is the first one below). Let’s learn and unlearn together.
Here is this week’s roundup of literacy links for some quick inspiration, tips, and refreshment:
- Kidlit Rally for Black Lives – Thursday, June 4th at 7pm for kids and 7:45pm for parents and educators
- 8th Annual African American Children’s Book Fair is June 27th from 11-4 online
- “Read with Us: How to Be Anti-Racist“ – This summer book club from Two Writing Teachers inspired me to do the similar work at my school.
- “Why #BlackLivesMatter in Your Classroom Too” by Cornelius Minor
- “Talking About Race” from the National Museum of African American History and Culture
- “How to Speak to Kids About Race Relations in America” with author, Jason Reynolds
- “10 Black-Owned Online Bookstores to Support While at Home” by Njera Perkins
- Mental health break – national volunteer effort started by two teens