Our Center School Summer Reading Flipgrid (email me if you need the password; it’s only available to Center students and families) is POPPIN’! 94 book talks with 1,447 views already, and it’s only day 3 of students posting! My favorite part is that cardinal readers have introduced several books to me that I recorded on MY Books to Read list, so I can only imagine how many books are being added to summer reading journals all over Longmeadow! I can’t wait to read as many as I can this summer!
I’m sure I’ll post a few times over the summer, but next week’s Literacy Links will be the last one for a while. I’ve got something special planned…
Here is this week’s roundup of literacy links for some quick inspiration, tips, and refreshment:
- Free reading-themed coloring pages from Leiah M. Jansen (click on the “quotes” button)
- Registered for Brookline Booksmith’s event next week: Conversation between Kate DiCamillo and Jason Reynolds
- Great collection of books written or illustrated by black authors!
- I’m seriously considering developing this letter-writing idea from Edutopia into a unit for the beginning of the year.
- Mental health break – Schitt’s Creek cast’s tribute to teachers (Ew, David!)