The book fair coordinators at my school arranged for an online book fair! Usually, I clear my schedule the week of the Book Fair so that I can attend as many classrooms’ visits to help kids find just right books. Since we’re all in quarantine though, I decided to book talk my way through the digital flyer that they sent home to families. After filming my book talks, I gathered book trailers for many of the books I recommended. Check out my recs here!
Here is this week’s roundup of literacy links for some quick inspiration, tips, and refreshment:
- A collection of Poetry Wakelets for National Poetry Month
- A collection of Padlets from TCRWP’s staff developers on all sorts of literacy topics
- A virtual classroom library? LOVE this idea from local teacher/author, Claire Landrigan!
- Coronavirus: A Book for Children — a FREE book from Nosy Crow, an imprint of Candlewick Press
- Book Contest— 5,000 teachers will win $500 and 500 bonus points from Scholastic and author, James Patterson
- Tips for managing remote teaching from Jennifer Serravallo
- Mental health break – Quarantine Muppets