I just posted a new poetry collection on my door! This week’s theme is IDENTITY. I’d originally thought the next theme would be feelings, but I realized kids should share their selves before their feelings. 🙂 I’m hoping to change my poems every week this year. The single week of remote learning threw off my plan.
Here is this week’s roundup of literacy links if you’re looking for some quick inspiration, tips, and refreshment:
- Not sure where to start with poetry? Elizabeth Metzger Sampson has some great tips.
- I would TOTALLY have my students make sit upons to use for lessons outside. Thanks, @bethkalexander!
- A new-to-me poetry collection for kids from Family Friend Poems
- “The Four A’s Text Protocol” from SRI is a great framework to guide book discussions!
- Nonfiction writing video minilessons from author, Melissa Sweet. Make her your coteacher!
- Outdoor classrooms are my jam, and this article from Edutopia has some great ideas!
- Poetry in the Classroom Calendar from Academy of American Poets
- Marking my calendar with all of THESE!
- Mental health break – Behind the Book!