This year, I’m pumped to support the second grade team! I spend my days helping students at home with their remote learning, so I created digital conferring sheets to record their strengths and goals. After filling one out, I share it with the teacher for their records. I’m hoping it will provide some consistency and formative assessment info to help teachers make instructional decisions.
Here is this week’s roundup of literacy links if you’re looking for some quick inspiration, tips, and refreshment:
- Learning guide for my new favorite picture book, I Am Every Good Thing by Derrick Barnes
- If you need a primer on tribal nations in the USA to unlearn what you think you know, start here.
- I pre-ordered Literacy Workshop by Maria Walther and Karen Biggs-Tucker, and they created a guide, too!
- Can’t wait for Kwame Alexander’s soon-to-be-released resource since poetry is one of my goals this year!
- “Teaching from 10 Mentor Texts” from Moving Writers; what an AWESOME toolkit resource!
- Mental health break: All the feels for teachers these days. ❤