This week I’m helping launch a first grade readers’ workshop, so I mined my kindergarten resources for familiar reading goals from the Super Reader unit, also known as my favorite kindergarten Reading Unit of Study. Tomorrow, the first grade readers will get a plastic sheet protector to record the number of books they want to read and which super reader power they’ll use while reading. Can’t wait to see what goals they make for themselves. I just linked to this goal sheet on the LPS ELA calendar for this unit, but HERE it is if you’re an LPS employee.
Here is this week’s roundup of literacy links if you’re looking for some quick inspiration, tips, and refreshment:
- Another fun way to have students practice letter-making.
- Free webinar from Pioneer Valley Books about analyzing assessments–registered!
- Clare Landrigan created yet another digital library; this one’s a collection of personal narrative picture books!
- Etymonline is an online etymological dictionary.
- Anchor is an online, FREE platform to make podcasts…hrmmmm.
- The Florida Center for Reading Research has developed student centers that cover all Five Components of Reading for grades preK, K-1, 2-3, and 4-5. WIN anyone?
- Mental health break: Check out what this school did for their Scholastic Book Fair!