It’s nearly time to return to school here in Massachusetts, so I’ve been busy prepping some PD for the amazing teachers in my building. Some of it is ideas overload, some of it is a review of the basics, and some of it is reflecting on our best practices. Just realized that’s totally my style: ideas, review, and reflection. Kind of like how I taught.
Here is this week’s roundup of literacy links if you’re looking for some quick inspiration, tips, and refreshment:
- Maria Walther’s back-to-school PD focusing on the CASEL’s Core Competencies complete with picture books and minilessons is 1000% what I’d be doing with my students if I was teaching this year!
- Not only do I love how Savers is encouraging back-to-school thrifting, but I love how this post is an ABC text! Mentor text, anyone?
- My FAVE local children’s bookstore, High Five in Florence, Massachusetts, is accepting nominations for their Educator Wishlist Extravaganza!
- Donors Choose is also supporting teachers!
- Jennifer Serravallo’s annual summer camp for teachers focused on self-care this year to support teachers recovering from the 2020-2021 school year. If you missed the sessions, here they are: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, and Day 5.
- Barnes and Nobles’s annual Book Haul event is worth checking out.
- Mental health break: Animals in a mood you have not seen. These could be great writing prompts!