Passive PD isn’t my fave or at all effective really, but I have really enjoyed curating my Pot of Gold bulletin boards. The latest one is all about vocabulary, and I’ve been collecting ideas for the past several months (Golden nugget tip: Keep a file open as a place to deposit moments of genius when they strike!). Now that everyone in my home younger than fourteen is tucked in and read to for the night, I’m heading upstairs to create the last element: a podcast. Wish me luck.
Here is this week’s roundup of literacy links if you’re looking for some quick inspiration, tips, and refreshment:
- Printable booklets from Huppard’s Cupboards.
- “Activities to Promote Orthographic Mapping” from Cambell Creates Readers – saving this for a future *Early* Family Literacy Night
- Someone suggested Beyond Decodables for culturally responsive decodables so now I’ve got some downloading to do.
- Don’t think I’m giving up my workshop ways (NEVER!): Here’s a webinar from Fountas and Pinnell titled, “10 Tips for Powerful Teaching with Reading Minilessons”.
- I love this perspective shift.
- Mental health break: I’m lovin’ it!