A few weeks ago, I learned that I would be teaching kindergarten in November if the School Committee approved a new proposal. They approved, and a two week countdown began. Between monster cutting and laminating sessions, I decided to collage a cover for a kindergarten notebook for all of my ideas, to-do lists, and PD. I usually collage my PD notebooks, so whenever I find an image, quote, pattern, logo, etc. that strikes me, I stash it in a folder for my future covers. So I pulled out my folder, and the image above is what I found. I nearly gasped. I’d already decided on a rainbow theme for my room and the biggest word scrap in my pile said “the rainbow connection”. I took it as a sign, and I felt so much excitement.
Here is this week’s roundup of literacy links if you’re looking for some quick inspiration, tips, and refreshment:
- Getting my head back in the math zone by listening to podcasts. Here’s a good one from Stenhouse (and I totally bought Joyful Math!).
- Brightly’s Holiday 2020 Gift Guide
- Mr. Schu and Colby Sharp’s 2021 Mock Caldecott list
- “10 Kids’ Books About US Elections”
- Mental health break: “You can be anything!”