While it’s day 38 of the school year, it’s only MY fourth day of teaching kindergarten(ever!), and I’m totally in love. Some of my teacher friends from years’ past might be SHOCKED by this fervent feeling since there was a time that I only ever considered moving UP from fifth grade. But over my six years of coaching, I have spent a lot of time in kindergarten classrooms, and I have truly fallen in love with the grade. It doesn’t hurt that my first class and their families are INCREDIBLE. I’m so very lucky.
Here is this week’s roundup of literacy links if you’re looking for some quick inspiration, tips, and refreshment:
- “Let Them Play: Why Free Play Is Crucial” from Boston Children’s Hospital — this is exactly why I am STARTING my kindergarten day with choice time!
- Number Talk Images – I LOVE Number Talks, but I just learned about Number Talk Images and can’t wait to dig in!
- Doing an author study? Here’s a collection of authors’ websites, interviews, etc.
- “Meet Writers Where They Are” series from Two Writing Teachers – great ideas for teaching writing remotely!
- Adding ALL of these to my library holds!
- Mental health break – Hair Love audiobook’s narrator is…