It is officially back to school season–my favorite time of year! It sure is different and full of new obstacles, but one thing I know for sure is that elementary teachers everywhere are bringing their all like they always do. I’m in awe of what my colleagues and others did from March to June, and I have NO DOUBT that they will continue to bring it this year. I ❤ teachers.
Here is another summer roundup of literacy links if you’re looking for some quick inspiration, tips, and refreshment:
- This is me right now. My solutions: graphic novels, novels in verse, and audiobooks.
- This blog post helped me SO much.
- This video helped a bunch, too.
- “Creating Community in a Socially-Distanced World” from the Heinemann blog
- Something to share with families from Booksource: How to Support Your Reader At Home (Even Though You’re Not a Reading Teacher)
- Safe indoor recess games for pandemic teaching
- The If/Then chart for writing partners in this post is a MUST PRINT!
- #3 and #4 on this list are DEF on my must-teach list this year!
- Mental health break: Happiness Museum!