I may be a little late to the back-to-school-read-aloud roundups, but here’s my Back to School digital library! I kept it super simple so that you can copy the linked read alouds to put in your own digital Bitmoji library for your students or just have available for the first days of school. Clare Landrigan first introduced digital libraries to me back in the spring, and they’ve been a VERY useful tool that I can see using in the Now AND in the After. Here’s her, “Creating a Community of Learners” digital library to kick off the school year. #classroombookaday creator, Jillian Heise, also has a brilliantly curated book list of read alouds to launch learning that could easily turn into a digital library. Happy reading!
Here is another summer roundup of literacy links if you’re looking for some quick inspiration, tips, and refreshment:
- $25 Conferring Online with Writers Zoom Workshop with Carl Anderson and Matt Glover
- “Spirited Teaching in Difficult Times” by Arlène Casimir, Kristina Horsting, and Noelle Thiering – I’m going to make this a found poem.
- Love this idea of a collective résumé to celebrate everything all teachers bring to a team!
- I would LOVE to start the year (and continue!) with poetry! This would be my go-to resource.
- FREE webinar: “Conferring with Readers in a Remote or Hybrid Learning Environment” with Gravity Goldberg and Renée Houser
- LOVE this Play Packet for K-2 for Families from Kristi Mraz!
- Mental health break: “Word Play” with Kwame Alexander!