Last week, I hosted a PD for my staff on creating Bitmoji digital libraries that you can access HERE. Before showing them how to build their Bitmoji digital libraries, I sprinkled in some PD on classroom libraries, how to curate a collection, and digital book platforms. Together with the how-to portion of the session, I don’t think I’ve ever talked THAT much during a PD! Afterwards, I reflected on how I could’ve avoided yapping for so long: HOW do you show people how to do something tech-y without telling them everything?! Regardless, it has been SO fun seeing everyone’s creations they’ve shared with me! I’m collecting them all for some summer reading fun at Center School. Stay tuned!!
Here is this week’s roundup of literacy links for some quick inspiration, tips, and refreshment:
- Librarian, Travis Jonker, always recommends books I haven’t heard of yet and “The Most Astonishingly Unconventional Books of 2020” is no exception!
- Write On Together Summer Writing Academy! This sounds AMAZING!
- A Podcast Reflection template that looks simple and effective.
- “Do the Most Good and Least Harm During Remote Instruction” from Two Writing Teachers has some really useful graphic tips for communicating with caregivers, virtual meetings, and remote writing instruction.
- Mental Health Break – Poem generator for kids!