Each time the Reading Ambassadors enter the Reading Lounge for our meetings, they will answer the question of the week displayed on a table and then stick their responses on the window outside the room. I have loved reading their responses, but seeing other students stop and chat about the responses has been even better. Some visitors to the Reading Lounge have even asked if THEY could fill out a response to the question of the week. The display started with these seventeen responses, and now there are twenty-three.
Here is this week’s roundup of literacy links for some quick inspiration, tips, and refreshment:
- The Most-Anticipated Picture Books of 2020
- The Most-Anticipated Middle Grade Books of 2020
- Booksource’s list of possible award-winners
- Writers’ Playshop from Catching Readers – make writing during any phase of the writing process
- Scatter Pages as a pre-writing activity
- A Graphic Novel Club?!?! YES! I’m TOTALLY doing this!
- This Heinemann podcast about focusing writing units on craft moves and the writing process instead of genres gave me A LOT to think about!
- Mental Health Break – an interview with Newbery Award-winner, Erin Entrada Kelly