Two of my clubs are starting soon: Reading Ambassadors and Harry Potter. Reading Ambassadors group is a service and leadership club and Harry Potter is a fan club. They’re both so special to me because they’re a combination pep rally, time for self-expression, and community building. Reading Ambassadors is full and there’s a waitlist, but there are a couple more spots in the Harry Potter Club for students in grades 3-5. Register here.
Here is this week’s roundup of literacy links for some quick inspiration, tips, and refreshment:
- Winter #tcrwp Twitter Chats
- Genrefying the School Library from inspirational librarian, Julia Torres
- World Read Aloud Day is February 5th!
- Read Across America Calendar
- Mental Health Break – “School Stumbles Upon Chalkboards from 1917”