I know that Scholastic Book Fairs aren’t equitable and show loads of privilege, but I’m still going to recommend books to my young readers and their families. So I learned how to make Instagram Reels. Whew! I *truly* understood how my grandparents must’ve felt when they learned how to email. It took me DAYS to figure it out, and they are mediocre AT BEST. Still…I can’t wait to use that glitter filter again. All the heart eyes!
Here is this week’s roundup of literacy links if you’re looking for some quick inspiration, tips, and refreshment:
- I’m super intrigued by the info in this Padlet for the new Units of Study!
- Pretty sure I shared this before, but I’m still loving this HUGE collection of digital text sources from Clare Landrigan.
- Mini Moves for Writers on YouTube has 4-6 minutes video minilessons for upper elementary writers. Instant sub plans!
- Must read: “Multisensory Instruction: What Is It and Should I Bother?” by Dr. Holly Lane, director of the UFLI
- Totally creating my coaching launchpad today. Coming soon to my email signature!
- A sample of the audiobook of Donalyn Miller’s new book, The Joy of Reading.
- Mental health break: Mrs. Abbott!