Someone once doubted my ability to find the joy in teaching, and it was a very painful comment. How could they think that? Was my joy not enough? Or were the things I thought were joyful not obvious to an observer? With my joy-fidence rattled, I decided to infuse as much obviously, outwardly joyfulness into my teaching. We sang. We danced. We created colorful art. I’m pretty sure these are all things I would’ve done anyway, but that accusation practically made it my official goal for TeachPoint. Not such a bad thing after all.
Here is this week’s roundup of literacy links if you’re looking for some quick inspiration, tips, and refreshment:
- LOVE this idea for a digital business card for Twitter Chats, email signatures, and more
- Another great list of fantasy books for our fifth grade unit
- I’m turning this list into an anchor chart called “Why Journal?” for a PD box
- A webinar with Dr. Gholdy Muhammad called “Rethinking Intervention”? Yup.
- Racial justice resources from Sesame Street
- Need a book talk? I think you could use these!
- Mental health break – Ways to repurpose old books