Since it is the most gorgeous time of year in New England right now, I decided that next week’s theme will be AUTUMN! To get students in the writing mood, I *highly* recommend taking them OUTSIDE for a nature observation walk. Check out the poems I selected and my resources and ideas for teaching them by clicking on the image or link above. Happy poem writing!
Here is this week’s roundup of literacy links if you’re looking for some quick inspiration, tips, and refreshment:
- Planning on having these tutorials playing endlessly to get my learn on from Dr. Duke.
- HUGE resource from Scholastic: Reach Out and Teach.
- The self-reflection attached to this article is a great tool.
- “Four Engaging Structures that Work in Hybrid Learning Classrooms”
- $25 webinar with Matt Glover and Carl Anderson, “Five Strategies for Assessing Student Writers Online” – worth it!
- Mental health break: #beamrjensen