Even though I love physical writer’s notebooks, I knew that, under these unprecedented circumstances, a digital writer’s notebook would be useful. I used this link from Slides Mania to make my digital writer’s notebook, and instead of using tabs, I created a table of contents with the sections I lean on the most as a writer and teacher of writers. I learned that even if you add slides to a section that the link in the table of contents stays with the right slide! Those Googlers are clever…
Here is another summer roundup of literacy links if you’re looking for some quick inspiration, tips, and refreshment:
- Visual writing prompts
- A HUGE collection of Bitmoji classrooms with so many themes!
- “Exploring Social Justice Through PBL” from Edutopia
- $10 for a one hour session with Cornelius and Kass Minor on “Redefining Back-to-School Basics” on 8/30 at 7pm? Register!
- A writing survey from Two Writing Teachers
- I’m planning a whole blog post on picture books to read for back to school that AREN’T First Day Jitters. Jillian Heise, of course, beat me to it with her list.
- Trauma-Informed Writing Instruction Padlet from Arléne Casimir is sure to be an invaluable resource
- “Teaching Kindness Isn’t Enough” from Teaching Tolerance
- “Writing Workshop That Can Thrive in a Pandemic” from the Heinemann Blog
- Mental health break: Lucky cardinal!