Hyperlinked docs and choice boards have been a really useful tool during quaranteaching and quarancoaching. Over the summer, I’ve been developing this coaching choice board. Each colorful dot links to a page that focuses on that option with a video of me explaining what it looks like and links to the supporting documents I use. Not only will this hyperdoc share coaching opportunities that teachers might not have considered in the past, but it also helped me clarify my role.
Here is this summer’s roundup of literacy links if you’re looking for some quick inspiration, tips, and refreshment:
- Summer Listening Challenge from Libro.fm, my fave audiobook source that supports local, indie bookstores
- Although I’ll never advocate for the removal of a physical writer’s notebook, I’m very intrigued by digital notebooks for intermediate grades.
- “Teaching Digitally” has some helpful tips!
- A digital typewriter! SO satisfying!
- “Book Shopping and Handling Books” from Pernille Ripp
- Also from Pernille – how to build a virtual community
- I’m really considering creating some PD Boxes for my teachers…
- Mental health break – “‘The Human Connection is Everything’…”