On Monday, I hosted my fourth Writing Clinic. This one focused on revision, and while the attendance was the lowest yet, I still enjoyed the opportunity to present, discuss, and support. Plus, teachers got a chance to make a revision microprogression for each of the big three genres (narrative, information, and opinion) and start a revision toolkit, complete with revision shades. 🙂
Here is this week’s roundup of literacy links for some quick inspiration, tips, and refreshment:
- The Poetry Foundation, or PoFo, in Chicago is hosting its Summer Poetry Institute in July. I did it last summer and loved it! I *highly* recommend applying!
- Zine Making 101 from Scholastic
- Books about Books and Reading. is perfect for March, aka National Reading Month
- More book suggestions for Read Across America Week from the Tutu Teacher
- KidLitTV’s Read Out Loud site feature diverse authors reading aloud their books
- Mental health break: teacher dresses up every day for Black History Month