IT’S BOOK FAIR WEEK! The most wonderful time of the year, in my opinion. With MCAS testing right around the corner, my literacy coaching schedule was light this week, so I was able to visit many classrooms’ visits to the Book Fair to book talk as many books as possible. Look for the Reading Ambassadors’ recommendations, too!
Here is this week’s roundup of literacy links for some quick inspiration, tips, and refreshment:
- Best middle grade novels of the 21st Century from the ALA
- Dog Man the MUSICAL?!?!
- Mark your calendars, Potterheads!
- “If some books are ‘dessert books’, what does that say about the other texts students read?”
- #weneeddiversebooks Book Fair at Northampton Montessori Friday, 5/3 from 4-6
- “11 Essentials for a Highly Effective Classroom Library” from Scholastic – How much of this criteria do our current classroom libraries meet?
- Mental health break – “All Books Are For Everyone” by Elise Gravel