My literacy coach consult booth during conferences
During conferences last week, I hosted literacy coach consultations. I gathered lots of resources, information, and peppermints to entice parents to visit and chat about supporting their readers and writers. I *loved* talking with families about great early chapter books, how to access audio books for free, and the value of graphic novels all night long. Can’t wait to do it again in the fall!
Here is this week’s roundup of literacy links for some quick inspiration, tips, and refreshment:
- Here’s the Scholastic resource I shared with families last week at conferences. If I missed you, be sure to stop by my booth in “the Connector” (the tunnel between the two buildings that passes the library), in the fall!
- “Three Favorite Word Wall Games” from Two Writing Teachers
- 21 Free Resources for Teaching Social Justice in the Classroom from We Are Teachers
- Mark your calendars: Independent Bookstore Day is April 27th
- Writing contest from Scholastic: theme = “All Kids Outdoors”
- Mental health break – Kids (always) for the win.