The next Reading Ambassadors schoolwide event is a spirit day on Friday, April 12th: Dress Up Like a Favorite Book Character! They’re also suggesting that students bring in a book donation for a classroom book swap so everyone has a new book to read over break. I’m already putting together my costume. Want a hint?…Bunny ears! WHO will I be on spirit day? Find out April 12th!
Here is this week’s roundup of literacy links for some quick inspiration, tips, and refreshment:
- Go Poems – daily poem inspiration for National Poetry Month
- FREE Summer Poetry Teachers Institute at the Poetry Foundation?!?! Application submitted!
- A local poetry reading next week!
- The Book Love Foundation’s annual summer reading for teachers just announced an elementary track! YAY!
- “Why Kids Stop Reading for Fun by Age 9 (And What to Do About It)”
- “I’m taking Yale’s class on happiness–and halfway through, these 4 tricks are already working”
- Mental health break – “Fight for that baby the way you want them to fight on that test.” ❤