Our beloved post office transformed into a theatre recently! To help build students’ background knowledge, we watched a video of a backstage tour of a theatre and I’ve been reading at least one picture book a week about theatre. We’ve been so inspired we even wrote our very first play about our shared reading text, Gossie. I’ll be sure to promote its opening day show! 🙂
Here is this week’s roundup of literacy links if you’re looking for some quick inspiration, tips, and refreshment:
- Just registered for this FREE workshop on teaching poetry from my beloved PoFo, aka Poetry Foundation.
- This podcast episode is my next listen.
- What a RAD site to showcase the Writing Process! It’s getting added to my Writer’s Workshop launch lessons NOW!
- “#9 – Get comfortable with discomfort.” Yup.
- Let’s raise some changemakers, yeah?
- This Listicle project is right up my alley. Meaningful choice and creativity-yes!