After weeks of organizing, brainstorming, and planning, some of the Reading Ambassadors will finally start revealing their projects. One group is surprising a class with a book cover door creation. Can you guess what book this is? Which Center classroom will be “bookmarked” (their trademark!) first?
Here is this week’s roundup of literacy links for some quick inspiration, tips, and refreshment:
- Black History Month starts Friday, so check out NCTE’s African-American Read-in – includes a toolkit and book lists
- This list from bibliophile, Pernille Ripp, supports Black History Month also
- Do your writers need ideas for Free-write Fridays? Check these out!
- These templates and activities from author Jarrett Lerner will come in handy for the graphic novel writing unit I’m starting to plan.
- “When Conventions Aren’t Sticking” from Two Writing Teachers – Notice, note, and create is so similar to Patterns of Power!
- Mental health break