One of my favorite memories from my own kindergarten experience was a Valentine’s Day station rotation that imitated the process mail goes through to travel from one home to another. So when I started planning a unit on connecting with others as part of my Better Lesson coaching, I knew it would involve some kind of mail system. When my family got some new cabinets to DIY an island in our kitchen, I knew an empty box would make a perfect post office. It was kismet.
Here is this week’s roundup of literacy links if you’re looking for some quick inspiration, tips, and refreshment:
- As a first-year kindergarten teacher, I loved this “Shared Reading and Shared Writing” blog post on Stenhouse.
- If we’d been in person before the holidays, I would’ve done one of these book displays.
- “Resources for Virtual Math Instruction” seems REALLY handy!
- Book spine poetry resource from Pernille Ripp–SO fun…and addictive!
- I’d been preparing my own coaching launchpad all summer long before I found I’d be supporting second grade in September (which was before I found out I’d be a kindergarten teacher in October). I hope I get to use it next year!
- Mental health break: Be still my Potterheart!