What does a literacy coach do in quarantine? Reformat PD for teachers so they can access them on-demand and remotely! The first remote learning PD I developed was Writing Clinic #5: Demo Pieces. I decided to gather all of the Writing Clinics on a Padlet in case teachers had time to explore previous Writing Clinics. My latest quarantine PD is “History in the Making” Journals. It’s a flipped PD, which means teachers will explore the resources I’ve gathered and tinker with their journals on their own. Then we’ll share our experiences (NOT journals) in a Zoom on Wednesday, April 1 at 3:15. I’m really excited about continuing to offer PD online. 🙂
Here is this week’s roundup of literacy links for some quick inspiration, tips, and refreshment:
- Someday I want to start a writing club for teachers, and when I do, this will be our first activity.
- “No More Writer’s Block” from Dr. Gravity Goldberg
- “Epic Photo Scavenger Hunt Challenge” from Jess Lifshitz sounds fun!
- “Creating in a Time of Quarantine” from Moving Writers
- Passion Projects ideas from TCRWP
- Whitney LaRocca created video Patterns of Power lessons that are NOT in the book. They are mostly for fourth and fifth grades, but there are a couple for any grade!
- “Teaching from Home: A Poetry Lesson” from Two Writing Teachers shares an interesting structure for video minilessons that I want to tinker with.
- 826 Digital shared almost fifty pages of writing lessons that can be done remotely. The Recipe Zine is my favorite!
- Mental health break: SGN from John Krasinski