Today was the LAST Reading Ambassador meeting of the year. Sniff, sniff! What a tremendous first year. This group was so motivated and energetic. They had so many ideas, we didn’t have time to do them all! We celebrated with a slideshow, decorating book bags for summer reading (I *think* I got everyone to sign mine!), and a reflection. I can’t wait for NEXT year!
Here is this week’s roundup of literacy links for some quick inspiration, tips, and refreshment:
- A Twitter thread full of research on the importance of choice reading
- Write with Lit Coach Connection this summer and get ideas for writing with your students for next year
- TCRWP Summer Twitter Chat schedule
- I always pay attention to recommendations from author and teacher, Pernille Ripp
- It’s crazy to be thinking about BACK to school ideas at the END of the year (I know!), but some of these ideas are really cute, meaningful, and easily adapted to the classroom.
- Mental health break – Conversation with a toddler