Center’s kindergarten super readers celebration
Kindergarteners had an exciting week. To celebrate the end of their super readers unit, in which they learned about their pattern power, pointer power, picture power, and more, kindergarteners and their teachers came to school dressed as superheroes. Singing their Super Reader theme song to the tune of the original Spiderman show and hearing a story read aloud by Superhero Hutton were just parts of their celebrations. It was a joyful experience that I’m so grateful our youngest readers got to experience. Brava to our amazing kindergarten team!
Here is this week’s roundup of literacy links for some quick inspiration, tips, and refreshment:
- Building Community with Friendly Fridays from Edutopia
- Can’t wait for this Roald Dahl series on Netflix!
- Graphic alternative to test-prep-y Writing About Reading
- Doing Patterns of Power? Here are some videos of the creators teaching different invitations.
- 8 Picture Books to Help Kids Feel Comfortable in Their Own Skins from Brightly
- Mental health break ❤