How to make a scientific illustration:
Jeopardy – Science MCAS Review 2014!
TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING, DESIGN
Dyson inspiration for tackling engineering problems:
Preventing Damage from Natural Disasters
The Great Kapok Tree
Jet Stream Video:
Bill Nye the Science Guy “Wind” video:
Bill Nye the Science Guy “Rocks and Soil” video:
MidAtlantic Ridge video:
Formation of Mt. Everest and the Himalayas:
- Planets’ distances from the sun simulation video
- If all planets were as close to Earth as the Moon, they would look like this to us:
American History Timeline Samples:
Use this format: vertical arrangement, picture at the top, date in the middle, explanatory paragraph at the bottom that covers the 5 W’s from your pre-writing. You do not need to type your timeline, but it should be in pen, not pencil. Review the rubric on the back of your draft to shoot for the 4! Look at the sample that should be in your SS Folder for more guidance!
Label your world map using these maps of the world:
- Continents of the world
- Oceans of the world
- Rivers of the world
- Mountains of the world
- Bering Strait
- Equator and Prime Meridian
Practice your world map skills by playing geography games here.
Practice your world map skills by singing our song, which is sung to the tune of “The Alphabet Song”:
Europe, Asia, Africa North and South America, Then you have Australia, Don’t forget Antarctica. Now you know as you have guessed. Named the seven continents.
Learn about countries of the world at National Geographic.
- Rescuers Down Under — scene of arriving in Australia
- Introduction to Ancient Egypt Slideshow
- The British Museum: Ancient Egypt
- Hieroglyphics – Ancient Egyptian writing
- Watch the French film, The Red Balloon:
- Kids’ Corner: Brazil
- Rainforest videos: From the BBC
- Learn portuguese phrases! (Use headphones, please!)